DAI Forumers

Sunday, May 07, 2006

One of the films on my new queue. Incidentally Midnight Eye is a fantastic site, very thoughtful reviews (and book reviews!) and a breadth I've not seen before in books or sites, most of which just deal with the canonical or the cult.

The visual design of the Cutie Honey review alone makes me want to see that movie =O. God she is smoldering! That'll be the steak after yesterday's 40-minute Blade III salad--naturally. Yes my taste is bombing, though I still know Blade III is no Blade (I).

"Tony Takitani plays out with the ersatz sophistication of a glossy commercial for cars or perfume, composed of delicate images, slow-motion sequences, and a muted greyish colour palette." But isn't that how film should be? Perfume commercials are innovative. Seldom is "ersatz" needed to understand "sophistication" properly, but maybe I'm ascribing to the film in prospect the tone quality of Murakami's writing, how carefully he dances with the trite.


Watch live video from ALI* on Justin.tv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home