DAI Forumers

Monday, September 18, 2006

It Goes Dark, It Goes Darker Still, Please Stay, But I Watch You Like I'm Made Of Stone, As You Walk Away

-"A Night Like This", The Cure

why I couldn't sleep last night


TWILIGHT TIME
a poem by E. Patrick Taroc

Such great heights do not haunt my sleep,
Thoughts of death do not cause my shaking,
And withering away my years
Is not what gives light to my fears.
It’s in the company I keep
That my rampant turmoil returns;
It’s for that ghost that my soul burns,
The nightmare witch of my waking.

I shall never have her kiss--
That is my sleepless misery,
That is to be my restless fate,
To be sealed in this searing state.
For my nightmare consists of this--
In silence hearing my screaming,
Forever laying awake dreaming
Of the girl not dreaming of me.

(09/18/06) Copyright 2006 E. Patrick Taroc

Yours Swimmingly,
mojo shivers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home