DAI Forumers

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

These Are The Moments I Know All I Need Is This, I Have All I've Waited For, And I Could Not Ask For, And I Could Not Ask For More

--"I Could Not Ask For More", Edwin McCain

Some moments you wait a lifetime for, never knowing for sure if they will arrive. You have dreams that you can't ever be sure will come true or not, hopes that will never be fulfilled. You wait a lifetime for events or people or chances that never do quite come, leaving you broken-hearted. That's the hope in all of us that never dies. It doesn't matter how often we get those hopes dashed. It doesn't even matter how crazy the aspirations may be; sometimes it's the smaller dreams that never quite pan out and the bigger dreams that somehow manage to manifest themselves. You just never know. Some moments are like that, half-mixed in hope and impatience and half-mixed in forlornness and wistfulness.

Other moments you're quite sure of with every fiber of your being.

So, on the eve of a homecoming of sorts, I thought it only fitting I reprint one of my favorite poems by... well, me.

Enjoy.

HOMECOMING
by E. Patrick Taroc

As I see her, anticipation swells
Inside my soul, inside my heart,
And the joy upon her face tells
Of her gloom while we were apart.
Her lovely and sylph-like sight quells
My sore yearning; like long-lost art
Her fair form hastily repels
The tears of when she did depart.

Then she nears, with kisses retained,
From the months of being alone,
Then, after weeks of it restrained,
Her fondness is again reshown.
Her restraint no longer maintained,
Her reticence once more unknown,
With gushy signs she once disdained
She insures our love is resown.

(10/02/94) Copyright 1994 E. Patrick Taroc


Yours Swimmingly,
mojo shivers

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home