DAI Forumers

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Just Let Me Hold You While You're Falling Apart, Just Let Me Hold You So We Both Fall Down, Fall On Me, Tell Me Everything You Want Me To Be

--"Ever The Same", Rob Thomas

P- Think of how I feel, Breanne. All this time I could have been having sex with you without repercussions. Such a waste!

B- Because, you know, I'm just that easy, sugar.

P- Well, it's like they say, one woman's loss is another man's gain.

B- I'm glad you can see the positive spin on my tragic news. I was fearing that I wouldn't find anybody who could make me smile again.

P- That's about all I'm good for, poking fun at your misfortune.

B- I can think of a couple of other things.

P- I just figured that you've probably had enough of people telling you it's going be alright and it's going to be okay.

B- Basically everybody.

P- I mean--you know my shoulder's totally here for you, Breannie, but it sounded like you've had enough of people coddling you.

B- Basically everybody.

P- Exactly. I say baby-shmaby. A baby would have just slowed you down anyway. That's what I always say, babies are nothing but deadweight.

B- That's kind of a perverted worldview, darling.

P- Well, that's just the perverted type of guy I am.

B- You know, when I called you up, I was expecting more of the sympathetic Patrick and not the sarcastic one. I'm not quite sure if I'm ready for this version yet.

P- The way I see it, Greg's probably taking care of all the heavy lifting and probably taken the brunt of all the anger, right?

B- Yes.

P- And I figure your mother's taking care of all the uplifting stories about how they said the same thing about her, that she'd never have a kid. Then she probably told you something like if she could do it then you could still do it too.

B- Yeah. She also closed by reminding me I was her "little miracle" and that I was due a miracle too.

P- Exactly. So, by my calculations, all that's left for me is the actual cheering you up, which is totally the easy part.

B- And why's that?

P- You're a total pushover when it comes to getting you to smile, Breanne. It's like your natural state. You're just built that way.

B- I suppose I could try to smile... for you.

P- Do you want me to bust out the Yoda?

B- No, that's quite alright, Eeyore. I will smile for you.

P- God knows how much I love your smile.

B- Really? How does it look to you now over the phone, darling?

P- Like diamonds.

B- Hell's bells, that's exactly the look I was going for.

P- It's funny. I can always tell when you're smiling, B.

B- And how's that?

P- Because you always sound like you've just walked into the toy store when you're smiling.

B- Do I? Do I really?

P- Yes.

B- Well, a woman's got to have her toys, Patrick.

P- Just what kind of toys are we talking about here?

B- Never you mind.

P- Oh, come on, you can't play the married card all the time. That's no fun.

B- It's fun for me. It's fun for me to watch you squirm.

P- You're just cruel.

B- And you love every minute of it.

P- Well, yeah, but that's beside the point.

B- Admit it. You'd be lost without me.

P- And you wouldn't be just as lost without me?

B- Uh, hello? Can't have baby, remember? Now's not the time to be focusing on you, Mr. Selfish. Cheer me up, damn it all.

P- I wished you'd told me sooner. I hate not knowing something's wrong until the last minute.

B- I know. It was just hard.

P- Isn't that what I'm here for too? To get you through the hard stuff?

B- Actually, last time I saw you, it was you who was packing the hard stuff with him, if I remember correctly, sugar.

P- Oh oh, there she is. She's back. Breanne's back.

B- Yes, it is good to be back and talking with the living again.

P- Does that mean the let's-have-sex-alot-since-you-can't-get-pregnant topic is open for discussion again?

B- Ah... no.

P- Thought so.

B- I know what you mean, though. I wanted to call, but my first response is to come to Greg. You know that.

P- Sure, sure, pick the husband first. I see how it works.

B- But you also have to know there's always a small part of me that instinctively thinks to call you right away.

P- I'm just glad you called at all.

B- It was time. Like you said, my husband and my parents did most of the work. All that's left for you is clean-up. So entertain me, clown.

P- As her majesty wishes. Shall I perform feats of magic to mystify and befuddle the mind or would the lady prefer me to fall on my ass a couple of times?

B- Falling sounds fun.

P- Falling it is then.

B- And Eeyore?

P- Yes, my Breannie.

B- Thanks for being my friend... It's been a rough couple of weeks. I didn't think I was going to make it through.

P- Just doing my job, ma'am. Just doing my job. No one quits on my watch. I won't allow it.

B- Wo ai ni, Patrick.

P- Wo ai ni, silly Breannie.

B- Now fall!

Yours Swimmingly,
mojo shivers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home