DAI Forumers

Saturday, October 06, 2007

What I Really Wanna Know, My Baby, What I Really Want To Say I Can't Define, Well, It's Love, That I Need, Oh, But My Soul Will Have To Wait

--"Santeria", Sublime

I'M SORRY I'M LAUGHING
by E. Patrick Taroc

I'm sorry I'm laughing, but so
Much sadness have I always felt,
So many letters have I sent,
Without knowing what my tears meant.
I am laughing because we know
The one picked is the brightest rose
While the rest wait in the repose
Of those in whom coldness has dwelt.
I'm laughing because you did too,
(I know you were never once pleased
To listen to what I had to say)
Letting my chance to say slip away.
Yes, the tears I cried were for you,
But now I laugh because of me...
And at how we both used to be...
And at the chances never seized.
So, sorry if you find me sad
(Something I'm sure you never were);
I tried being how I am for real,
But my feelings you did not feel.
So, for now I'll fake being glad
If that makes us both right once more--

For it's the sad face you ignore
And the laughing face you prefer.

(02/12/95) copyright 1995, 2007 E. Patrick Taroc

Yours Swimmingly,
mojo shivers

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home