DAI Forumers

Sunday, May 02, 2010

There She Goes, There She Goes Again, She Calls My Name, Pulls My Train, No One Else Could Heal My Pain

--"There She Goes (cover)", Sixpence None The Richer

I'm still a little under the weather so this is going to be a short post. I still wanted to share this before I forgot it.

I started feeling kind of sick on Wednesday, probably brought on from staying out a little too late the night before without adequate coverage from the cold one. I'm usually loathe to wear jackets, sweaters, or any other such nonsense. Sometimes it bites me in the ass like it did on Wednesday.

I wake up that morning feeling nauseous. I even proceed to vomit a little as I'm waking up, which is not the feeling you want first thing in the morning. In fact, I was feeling so bad that, instead of waking up properly, I went back to bed. My throat hurt and my chest was congested. Those were two things I did not want to deal with right away. I figured I'd wait for a couple of hours, then I'd assess my position then.

Unfortunately, Lucy did not have similar ideas as me. I heard the phone ring and a familiar voice on the other end of the line.

"Can't talk right now. I think I'm kind of sick."

"Awwww, are you okay, darling?"

"Not really. I threw up the first thing this morning. Now I'm just trying to give it a few hours to see if it goes away."

I should have known something was afoot when she didn't reply right away. I should have known that wicked mind of hers was crafting something sinister in the meantime. When she did get back to me, however, it was worth the wait. It definitely cheered me up for the rest of the day.

"It might be morning sickness. You could be pregnant...."

Yours Swimmingly,
mojo shivers

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home