DAI Forumers

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Gotcha, Uh-Huh, Huh, You Thought I Didn't See Ya Now, Didn't Ya, Uh-Huh, Huh, You Tried To Sneak By Me Now, Didn't Ya

--"I Gotcha", Joe Tex

For the last year, ever since I started going back to the gym, I've been trying to discover the perfect post-workout food. I wanted something that was satisfying, yet cheap since I routinely workout about three or four times a week. I can't be spending upwards of $8 every night for fast food. Well, not long after I began my quest I came across a special deal that Del Taco has on Tuesday nights that would be perfect me--at least on that day. On Tuesdays they have a three taco and medium drink deal for $2.50. You really can't beat that.

The only problem?

I mostly workout after 9:30 or 10 and the deal ends after 11. Week after week I'd tell myself to remember to start working out earlier on Tuesday just so I could take advantage of the deal. Yet week after week almost for the whole year I would should up ten or fifteen minutes after the deal would end. Not only would I be majorly bummed that I couldn't what I wanted, but it would only precipitate my wanting it more. I wouldn't say it became a full-on obsession, but it definitely crossed my mind enough to mention it more than once at work. It was weird; try as I might I just couldn't seem to coordinate my schedule enough to start at the gym that half-hour earlier that I would need to get my taco fix.

Till tonight.

Tonight I managed to show up fifteen minutes before 11 at Del Taco. I even mentioned it to the kind window lady since I see her almost every Tuesday and she's borne witness to every crushing setback on my quest for the Tuesday Night Special. I don't know--I almost took a perverse joy from finally completing task. Yes, they were only tacos, but when you've been waiting this long for something that you've built up in your mind, it's hard to give it up.

Very difficult, indeed.

Tacos.... delish. LOL

Yours Swimmingly,
mojo shivers

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home