DAI Forumers

Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Handshake, Seals The Contract, From The Contract, There's No Turning Back, The Turning Point, Of A Career

--"Everything Counts", Depeche Mode

Come Monday I shall be back among the gainfully employed. I was recently offered employment through DSS with Honda for a long-term assignment. I'll be doing what I basically did at my last job with Eclipse/Fujitsu Ten. As a Credit Analyst I'll be in charge of maintaining different businesses' credit lines, collecting on overdue accounts, and staying on top of any potential problems that may arise. The pay's more than good and while the long-term designation as opposed to permanent designation is somewhat worrisome, even that isn't enough to detract from my excitement at being back to work again.

The only aspect of going to work on Monday that might diminish my enthusiasm is the idea of losing all that free time. I wouldn't recommend being out of work for a year, but my "sabbatical," as Miss Flib called it, did me some good when it came to recharging my batteries. I didn't have to worry about who I would have to haggle with or contend with the next day. I didn't have to come home stressed out about that day's worth of work. And I didn't have to make sure to stay rested and refreshed just do it all over again the next day.

I do need structure in my life just to keep me sane. But there's something to be said of living your life unfettered for extensive stretches of time. I'm just sad that this stretch is quickly coming to an end.

Yours Swimmingly,
mojo shivers

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home