DAI Forumers

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Eki Kara Umi E To Tsudzuku Sakamichi, Kudarinagara, Nani Mo Nai Keredo, Tsumaranai Kedo, Kimi No Machi Wa, Kotaete Kureru, "Okaeri" To

--"Tadaima", Do As Infinity

I recently bought two tickets to the 8 p.m. showing of Wicked on March 3rd. They arrived today and the anticipation has yet to subside. Yet I know with such an interminable wait that I'll reach a point where I'll almost forget that I have these tickets. Sometimes I ask myself what the point is in even purchasing tickets this far ahead. I do the same thing every year for my Boston trip. Even though I don't take the trip till May usually, I'm scouring the internet for baseball tickets by January, and booking rooms and flights by February. But this is going to be the first time I've ever purchased show tickets this far ahead. And what makes this time special and the other times not? Two reasons. One, Wicked is one of my top three favorite shows and, two, I promised Carly I'd take her to the show for her birthday and her birthday isn't till February. It was very important to me to insure that I get tickets for this particular time and date for those two reasons.

However, I'm an impatient person by nature. Waiting for a show that's months away is like waiting for a friend to get home after a long trip. Every day I grow antsy, wanting to that person to hurry up and return so I can welcome them back. It honestly bothers me when there is someone or something I want and I'm forced to wait for it. That's why I have a grudge against Christmas. If there is something I want, I usually get it myself. Having to bother to wait for presents on a specific day defeats the point to me. Having to wait for something is not going to make me want it any more; it just means me getting annoyed. Again, using the example of waiting for a friend to get back from an extended vacation. I already know I care about that friend. The idea of them being gone doesn't make me care for them any more; it just means they're gone.

I hate missing people. I hate waiting for people. I hate waiting, period.

I know a show is not in the same class as a person, but the whole concept of absence making the heart grow fonder is kind of bullshit to me. I already know I like the show and, by all rights, I should be able to see it tomorrow and not four months down the road if life were fair. I'm anxious to see if it's as good as I remember and I'm anxious to see Miss Flib's opinion of it.


dare demo tsumazuki, sukoshi tsukarete
nakitaku naru


I may be impatient but, seriously, March cannot come fast enough.

Four more months... and I can finally say "welcome back".

Yours Swimmingly,
mojo shivers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home