DAI Forumers

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Here I Am, The One That You Love, Asking For Another Day, Understand The One That You Love, Loves You In So Many Ways

--"The One That You Love", Air Supply

Dear Frisson,

This is a notice that I take offense at your implication that "the group" Air Supply provided the world with no tangible benefit. I find it particularly libelous that you could make the claim that no individual has ever truly appreciated them for their own sake, instead, making the distinction that their only worth was as an object of derision and ridicule. I appreciate them. I still listen to them. It is my contention that if I, as an individual with individual preferences and nuances, can form a high opinion of the group and their oeuvre, surely, others have come to the same conclusion. I understand that you were possibly speaking in hyperbolic terms and were possibly employing exaggeration as a means to express your point of disliking them, but, in truth, I was visibly upset with the whole tone of your short missive.

If their biggest offense was to provide the world with subtle odes to love that were at times coying and saccharine, then I think there are far worthier targets for you to take aim at. Granted, my whole argument may rest on the simple maxim of "what did they ever do to you?" but it's a truth I think is valid. I don't know--speaking from personal experience, Air Supply as a force for good has done nothing but persuade me to believe in a higher power out there, a higher power that transcends any period gloominess that may pervade me at one time or another. They have done nothing but provide some small comfort that some semblance of true love exists and the small comfort that such a state such as being in a loving relationship is a state I am worthy of and deserve. Yes, they are songs. Yes, they are not the most articulate or complex of arrangements. However, in simple truth there is simple beauty. I believe that. Subsequently, I'm of the mind that in simple beauty such as can be found in any piece by Air Supply there can be found simple truths. These simple truths, I'm convinced, are all truths we need to be reminded of.

Is your heart so cold that you would belittle someone else whose only fault is that they possess hearts full of love? I think not.

I think somewhere in that disbelieving mindset that prevents you from imagining fortune befalling you, you still hope for something grander than yourself. I think even you can see that relishing in the self-sustaining grandeur that is love causes no harm. There's nothing to be ashamed about when it comes to having hope, having faith, wishing upon a star that love will come your way. We all wish that. We as caring beings even go so far as to wish it for other people. I know I wish it for you. Nothing would make me happier than to come to find that somebody out there tamed your jaded heart and made you a believer. I would also hope you would wish the same for me. That's all Air Supply is doing, spreading the message that instances of compassionate connection occur on a daily basis. They're just spreading the message that if you're patient enough and leave yourself open enough, you too can experience love.

As they say, if that's wrong, then I don't want to be right.

So stop being a grinch and jump on the Air Supply bandwagon. You have my assurances that if you enjoy yourself that I shan't tell a soul. There's no harm in hearing what they have to say and, of any group that I know, I think they're exactly what you need to allow yourself to dream once more. I happen to think dreaming suits you and that you'd be a more fulfilled person if you began to practice it.

Stop worrying so much about giving the appear of looking the fool. Stop trying to talk so much about why it won't be good for you and just listen.

Listen.

Enjoy.

And I swear you'll come out a better person... hell, even the nights are better. LOL

Yours Swimmingly,
mojo shivers

----

...consequently, I received this in the mail today along with the brief note, "Consider me converted, Frisson":



All too easy.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home