DAI Forumers

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

You'll Find Out Just Who Is Your Friend, Don't Be Sad, I Know You Will, But Don't Give Up Until, True Love Finds You In The End

--"True Love Will Find You In The End", Mates of State

I know it's the last thing you expected to see here, but just because we're not talking right now doesn't mean I would forget. I mean--I most of all should know that if a friendship is real then you've got to keep the big picture in mind. Momentary setbacks aren't what's important. It's the idea that two people, when they build something real, it should be built to last a lifetime. It should have reasons why it can't be torn asunder; it should have reasons why it needs to be fought for.

And, frankly, I can think of eighteen reasons why this, whatever this is, is something I think is worth fighting for:

1. You reintroduced poetry into my life.

2. We shared a near-death experience together.

3. A person is defined by the company he keeps and it would say a lot about me if I were to lose you as a friend.

4. I see a lot of what I was in what you are now.

5. I feel like we've only just begun.

6. Hearing the word, "gosh," just isn't going to sound the same coming from anyone else.

7. Your family has already made me feel so welcome, it would be a shame to lose them too.

8. You're one of the best motivators I've ever met.

9. You're far more talented than I am and I'm a person that likes to be surrounded by talent.

10. I'm really dying to know what happened to Ilsa now that you're at university.

11. I would miss those freckles.

12. I'd rather not have my last memory of you be a bitter one.

13. We've known each other too long for it to have been a fluke.

14. I refuse to believe that I'm that easy to get rid of.

15. You gave me hope when I was feeling like so much of it was wasting away within me.

16. Nobody can replace your smile.

17. You never made me feel out of place and I never made you feel like the ugly one.

18. You're eighteen years old on the outside, but have about eight hundred years of wisdom and insight on the inside. That's a rare find.

Happy birthday, Marion...

Yours Swimmingly,
mojo shivers

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home