DAI Forumers

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Ache I Feel Inside, Is Where The Life Has Left Your Eyes, I'm Alone For Our Last Goodbye, But You're Free

--"Yesterdays", Switchfoot

Sometimes it takes a small reminder of how precious the time we have with the people we love is. Sometimes we don't ever get the chance to say what we feel. Sometimes we can never say it for ourselves and it takes an outside perspective to get those feelings out of bed and into the world, so to speak.

This is for you, Epcot...



LINES WRITTEN FOR BRANDY
a poem by E. Patrick Taroc

I fear I may have loved you less
Than you deserved, worried you more
Than you wanted, and never knew
All that was decent about you.
Why I could never quite confess
All these hidden joys escapes me
And again, momentarily,
I wish us as we were before.

I acted too thoughtful, too kind,
Too much like I couldn’t care
To let you see all that I lacked,
All the sidewalks where I was cracked.
I never let you see the mind
That in your presence went reeling;
That would have been too much feeling
Than what I was prepared to share.

I loved you with a too shy soul
To ever say that I was shy
Till you went forever away,
Until it was too late to say
With you, Joshua, I was whole;
To say you were my everything.
I should have tried less pondering
And loved you more with every try.

(04/29/08) Copyright 2008 E. Patrick Taroc

Yours Swimmingly,
mojo shivers

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home