DAI Forumers

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Now You Want To Be Free, So I'm Letting You Fly, Cause I Know In My Heart, Babe, Our Love Will Never Die, No

--"Always Be My Baby", Mariah Carey

In honor of Breanne's twenty-eighth (!) birthday AND the fact she's leaving us all, I thought I'd revisit the list I posted up celebrating her first birthday on the site...

Top 80 Reasons why Breanne and I are still friends

...and then add a few more.


For Breanne on her 28th Birthday:
Reasons 81-160 why we're still friends after almost fifteen years...

81. because she’s an experiment in what it’s like to appreciate and take someone for granted at the same time.

82. because she likes the color orange, which was originally my favorite color in elementary school I don’t know what that’s supposed to mean, but it’s no mere coincidence.

83. because she always says she’ll play one of my card games even when they never actually get finished.

84. because I knew right away.

85. because she’s a pair of scissors and the world is her ball of string.

86. because sometimes she tilts her head when she smiles just like Rachel.

87. because she doesn’t think; she just goes.

88. because she was writing poems before most people could write at all.

89. because when she yawns, she immediately tells everyone else, “no yawning!”

90. because she knows the meaning of good barbecue.

91. because I still like the way she looks in white.

92. because I always think she’s wearing flowers in her hair.

93. because she’s sexy everyday.

94. because she isn’t the guest at a party; she’s the de facto co-host.

95. because we’ll always have Chicago.

96. because she can relate.

97. because she’s one stuffed koala away from owning them all.

98. because she can never quite fully explain the meaning behind “hell’s bells.”

99. because she read somewhere that she could and that give her the idea that she can.

100. because she is Lucy Van Pelt and I’m Linus.

101. because there’s something about an abandoned church that always makes me think of her.

102. because she took me down to the water’s edge and never left.

103. because I know all of hidden agendas and even suggested a few to her.

104. because she’s an older, more refined version of Miss Toby.

105. because there are nights (and some days) where I just long for her.

106. because she’s always been apart from the system, above the law, and in the mix.

107. because she doesn’t glisten when she goes jogging; she sweats.

108. because even when she doesn’t have any idea, she’ll always convince you she can still explain it better than you.

109. because she played the “what’s grosser than gross” game in school.

110. because she normally doesn’t that sort of thing, but in my case she made an exception.

111. because she has a pretty understanding parents who always made me feel a part of her family.

112. because she insisted that I not compose another list for her.

113. because from her perspective it all makes sense.

114. because where most people get upset, she gets positively unruly.

115. because where most people wouldn’t bother, she cares too much.

116. because, according to her, she has never once farted in her life.

117. because, before her, I didn’t know what inner beauty was.

118. because when I extended an invitation to come out West for a visit she immediately asked, “In a covered wagon across the prairie, sugar?”

119. because she said she wouldn’t have minded getting lost with me for six hours at Epcot.

120. because I wouldn’t have minded running away with her when she was a little kid.

121. because with her, we both win all the time.

122. because the wrong word from her can still tie my stomach in knots.

123. because she’s the type of person to the answer the door, “come in” rather than “who’s there?”

124. because she never has to be asked twice to do a favor for you.

125. because I still remember that swimming hole.

126. because she's one of the few people who have heard me snore.

127. because that girl can dance.

128. because she's never given up trying to get me to go jogging everyday.

129. because she still likes The Bee Gees.

130. because we fight and make up, rather than fight and break up like most people do.

131. because she's kicking my ass in Fantasy Baseball.

132. because she's the only girl I've had a heart-to-heart talk in the middle of a bowling alley with.

133. because she's the first girl I ever slept with.

134. because she's so into John Cusack and doesn't care who knows it.

135. because she reads the paper and my stupid posts everyday.

136. because she still treats me like her older brother even though she passed me up in maturity level ages ago. There's still that deference and respect there, which I kind of like.

137. because she still can't sing worth a lick, but still tries.

138. because I've both heard and seen firsthand what not having a child to call her own has put her through.

139. because I was there when she was still a child and have seen her grow into an amazingly capable adult.

140. because I've seen her moon a priest and have the pictures to prove it.

141. because she forgave me when I didn't show up her wedding, pushed her down on concrete, and almost got her pregnant.

142. because I only know one Breanne and hope to never meet another one. One's bad enough. It's gotten to the point where I'd actually shoo one away if I were to cross paths with another one.

143. because the fact her hair isn't red is the worst fault her body has.

144. because I can still her hear hurricane laughter right now.

145. because she'll text me good night when I'm in a bad mood... when I haven't heard from her in a few days. She can sense that sort of thing.

146. because she'll always be my baby.

147. because "wonderfully orange olive purple horses" do exist! They do!

148. because she listens to country music and got me to love it too.

149. because she always looks elegant and refined.

150. because she asked me first and I never really had to chase her all that much. Chasing is too tiring. It's much better when you both know and can just agree.

151. because of them damn dimples.

152. because she knows all my intimate details.

153. because if I were trapped down a well and she couldn't find Lassie, she'd probably jump in there with me.

154. because she knows where I'm ticklish.

155. because she's met the little Spanish guy.

156. because she wakes up earlier than God and never complains about it, whereas I'm sullen until at least nine-thirty.

157. because she never stops fighting, believing, or trying.

158. because she gets scared about the people close to her abandoning her... just like I do.

159. because she keeps on breaking my heart over and over again.

and the 160th reason why Breanne and I are still friends:

160. because I could probably think of another hundred and sixty reasons why I still love my Breannie.

HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY, LUCY!

Yours Swimmingly,
mojo shivers

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home