DAI Forumers

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Wake Up The Dawn And Ask Her Why, A Dreamer Dreams, She Never Dies, Wipe That Tear Away Now From Your Eye

--"Champagne Supernova", Oasis

SUNRISE ALONG SHORE
by E. Patrick Taroc

Fair heart, another amber Sun
And another day without you
At that hour alighted anew,
At that moment made its coming.
Saddened, this letter I begun
That I might allay this numbing
At having none to share that scene
Except she my mirror can glean.
And so penned these words of woe
That, by chance, my own might wane--
Far too long they within remain
If left tacit beneath my tears.
My sorrow I felt forced to show
To you, who still now quells my fears
By reading these unsteady lines,
And myself, who for you now pines.

I would like to hear you once more,
But an ocean severs us two;
To journey those paths we once knew,
But no common road spans the break.
Yet these phrases shall reach your shore
And their message you shall not mistake:
One shared sunrise I left you then
And one sunrise I'll share again.

(11/27/94) Copyright 1994, 2010 E. Patrick Taroc

Yours Swimmingly,
mojo shivers

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home